In that capacity, Ms. Posner was responsible for administrating and enforcing the New Jersey Uniform Securities Law and regulations thereunder, as well as managing and overseeing the employees who staff the Bureau of Securities. Cases prosecuted under Ms. Posner’s direction as Bureau Chief resulted in hundreds of millions of dollars in recoveries for New Jersey residents, as well as more than 20 criminal convictions.
Ms. Posner is currently involved in the following notable matters:
- IBEW Local 98 Pension Fund v. Deloitte (D.S.C.): Cohen Milstein is sole Lead Counsel in this putative securities class action against Deloitte entities for allegedly breaching its external auditor duties related to as SCANA’s multi-billion-dollar nuclear energy expansion project in South Carolina.
- Chahal v. Credit Suisse Grp. AG, et al. (S.D.N.Y.): Cohen Milstein is Co-Lead Counsel in this putative securities class action alleging fraud and market manipulation of XIV Exchange Traded Note market.
- In re Wells Fargo & Company Securities Litigation (S.D.N.Y.): Cohen Milstein is Co-Lead Counsel in this putative securities class action, alleging that Wells Fargo and certain executives misrepresented that the bank had improved its governance and oversight structures following a widespread consumer fraud banking scandal in direct violation of its 2018 consent orders with the CFPB, OCC, and the Federal Reserve.
- In Re Overstock Securities Litigation (D. Utah): Cohen Milstein is sole Lead Counsel in this putative securities class action against Overstock.com Inc., its former CEO, CFO, and current Retail President for engineering a market manipulation “short squeeze” scheme in the company’s common stock and insider trading.
- Northwest Biotherapeutics, Inc. v. Canaccord Genuity LLC, et al. (S.D.N.Y.): Cohen Milstein is leading this securities litigation against market makers Canaccord Genuity LLC, Citadel Securities LLC, G1 Execution Services LLC, GTS Securities LLC, Instinet LLC, Lime Trading Corp., Susquehanna International Group LLP, and Virtu Americas LLC for repeated market manipulation tactics involving the spoofing of company stock.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE